upgrade possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

new.puree

In Runtime
Ok I just upgraded my computer and am unsure of what to do with my old parts.
My leftover/old parts: viakt266a mobo
athlon xp 2000
pc 2100 512 ram
geforce 3 ti 200
What I was thinking of was.. rather than trashing it, put it into my old pmmx computer's case and try to use the computer as a backup/2nd computer. So a few basic parts such as a psu/and hd would make it work well right? or should I just forget the whole idea..

no! That would be a great download box or anything! Believe it or not, that's a fast computer to a lot of people. That can be a GREAT second computer. Not a shotty one at all! Keep that sucker around. You'll be surprised how many things you'll end up using it for.

Ryan

yeah i agree 100%. I am going to upgrade my comp pretty soon too and with the parts kleft over i am going to do the same thing. It would be cool to have a second computer and plus when people come over and stuff you can just let them use that computer instead of yours so you can keep your computer to yourself lol:D

make it a 5700 & you can run bf2, if not a bit slow. maybe get some ddr400 so you can OC to improve performance, if its old may as well have some fun with it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom