Upgrade Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebathan

Baseband Member
I'm trying to squeeze some extra life out of my current rig. My sig has all my specs, I was thinking about getting another gig of RAM and upgrading the video card to something like a Geforce 8800 or even something in the 9000 series. I don't really want to spend more than $150 to 200 on all of this, so any suggests would be great.

2 gig of RAM is a definite.

If you can find a dual core s939, go for it. I think someone had a Opty 165 for sale in Buy/Sale/Trade recently.

The above cards are good. I am running a 3850, myself. The 3870 or 4870 would be great for you, as well... especially until we find out how far the Nvidia chip troubles actually go.

Thanks for the input, I just order another gig of RAM and a GeForce 8800GT. All under 200, so I'm pretty happy with that.
The 8800GT seems to perform a bit better in benchmarks than the 3870's and the 4870's are bit out of my price range at the moment. Do you know which cards are currently affected by the chip problems?
I didn't realize they even had dual cores with socket 939, I'll look around and see what I can dig up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom