Upgrade now or wait for DX10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

db_21

Baseband Member
Should i upgrade to a 7900GS or wait for DX10? How much will mid-range DX10 cards cost?

Do you really need to upgrade your graphic card? If not, wait for the budget DX10s. They're probably gonna range $180-250.

Depends what games are you wanting to play now and games in the future e.g. crysis UT2007 ?. What Graphics acrd are you using At the moment. Its information we need to give you a good answer.

Thanks

Currently im using onboard video (Intel X3000). I mostly play games like NHL 07, Madden 07, GTA San Andreas. So far I tried playing NHL with the onboard video and its playable with the settings at Low. I also have a question about DVI. Is it really worth buying a DVI cable? I have a LG L203WT Widescreen LCD. thanks for your responses.

well i picked up a slightly used 7600gt for only $80 CAD and hooked up the DVI. DVI is awesome...a lot more crisp. I guess i'll upgrade in the future to a midrange DX10. Will there be a big difference in the DX10?

DirectX 10

The difference is almost uncomparable and incomprehensible! lol. More, more, and more real-time events with so almost every visible thing having its own AI. For instance, you don't walk through trees (like older DirectX), and with the newer directX's you might see only some large piece of the tree move, well nothing like that. If you brush into a leaf or two, just that one or two pieces you directly bumped will act.

DirectX 10 will act with GREATLY enhanced shading, texturing, lighting, and depth effect enhancements. From the buzz, there's going to be no comparison between 9 and 10.

Check this out. It's been deemed these images aren't precisely how DX10 would compare (which when you read through and look at the pics they tell you this) to 9 but its very revelant and close to what DX10 will be able to handle. Most all DX9 code has been rewritten for an all-new DirectX 10!

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20060817/directx10-fabulous/

And this is only the beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom