Upgrade Delima

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedrifter777

Beta member
Let me start by saying that I have built several cmputers, but has been almost a year since my last effort so I unfortunatley a bit outa the loop so to speak. Anyway, my upgrade delima started when I got a new copy of Vista Ultimate for free. I figured with Dx10 it was a good time to upgrade my video card. Unfortunatley I'm still running a older AGP ATX motherboard so I would have to upgrade to a PCI Express compatabilble mobo. I figure if I'm going to upgrade the Mobo, might as well upgrade the processesor (You can see where this is going). I then found out that DDR2 has become the new standard so i'm not even sure my old DDR RAM fits. Also, with the new power needs of videocards, I wasn't sure my old Antec 430w is enough. Now I've always been and Intel man so I figured I would go with a Core2 Duo but they are a bit pricey so I thought maybe I could keep my old P4 until I could replace it later.

At any rate I come to my question, is there anything left from my old setup that is compatible with a new PCI Express mobo so I don't bankrupt myself. (Can really only afford to upgrade 2 of the 3).

2 Gigs of Corsair DDR RAM
P4 3.0
Antec 430 PSU

you will have to buy new:
motherboard
Ram
graphics card
and cpu if your old one isn't socket 775
psu if your current one is less watts then 450W look at my sig that system quite happily runs off 430W but it is antec a very good brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom