Upgrade?

insane84722

In Runtime
Hello. This is the best place I could find for this question.

I often watch streams on twitch (for those that don't know - is a website where other people stream live video of games). Watching one stream is no problem. Trying to watch 2 and my browser starts to lag badly while the rest of my computer seems unaffected (eg. I can play a full screen game just fine on another monitor).

I watch the streams on source video quality which is about 3500 kb/s @ 60fps give or take. What I would like to know is where my bottleneck is to fix this problem.

My specs are:
Browser: Firefox
Twitch streams use adobe flash

i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz
8gb 1600 ram
Evga 570gtx stock
60 mb/s internet

Thanks

Last edited:
What kind of lag? Circle in the middle, or streams glitching out?

Also, what browser are you using, and how many other tabs do you have open? What other programs do you have running on your system as well.

Try using Chrome instead of FireFox and see if that gives any better performance.

Firefox. Browser lags as in clicking another tab, or anything, takes a few seconds to register. Sometimes it just freezes for seconds as well.

This happens regardless if I have other tabs open or not - or if I have multiple copies of the browser open or not.

Also happens regardless of other programs running. I can have nothing else running or a full screen game (or 2) running. The browser will still lag while games, or anything else, won't.

Back
Top Bottom