Upgarding GeForce GT9800 into a ...(?) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Upgarding GeForce GT9800 into a ...(?)

Hi, i've been planning on getting a new graphics card for sometime now, and am currently stuck in picking one.
My main usage for it is gaming and i'm currently running games smoothly on medium settings and with lag spikes on high (games like Crysis 2, Starcraft 2, Batman Arkham Asylum (haven't tried City yet), Witcher 2 etc.) so i want to look for a graphics card which would be able to run such games (maybe not crysis 2) on their maximum settings.

I currently have a 9500gt along with duo core 2.8ghz, 4gb ram (3.25), and a 600 PSU with a screen resolution of 1440x900

I looked on the nvidia website for some research and what i found was a bit unseemlingly.

the settings for 1280x1024 are the exact same except that the 9800gt runs it on a higher fps. Although i'm not too certain on this subject, i know that 6 generations later, surely nvidia would have made more progress than this?

So with the website being unreliable (i think) now, i'm now back to square one with deciding on a new graphics card.

My budget currently around 100 (around 150$) so i'm not too sure on whether it would be worth upgrading a card or not and whether it would make much of a difference.

Any help is appreciated in advance. Thanks.

Edit: Just realised i had 9500gt, not 9800gt which is a massive differenceto this whole thread. I'm such a klutz.

Nvidia Geforce gtx550Ti
This is the model i am leaning forward to at the moment. Any thoughts?
Closed Thread