Updating CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey_079

Solid State Member
Yeahhhh, well I never thought it would happen but it did. I build my own gaming computer last year, 2 gig ram, 3x 360 gig hard drives, radeon x1300 graphics, creative sound blaster audigy 4 sound card, but when it came to the CPU i went to core 2 duo 1.87 gHz, simply because of its price. I recently updated my ram to the new DDR3 ram but now i need a new processor, this one just cant handle the top games (MOH Airborn, half-life 2), anyway my question now is, what should I upgrade to. Would 3Ghz core 2 duo do the job? I cant go quad core because of the price... So any opinions would help so much. Cheers.

Just something to add, over clocking my CPU, could this help? I have a big Zalman cooling my CPU atm, so would over clocking over heat? If you suggest to overclock how exactly do I do this? In the easiest way please. Again thank you so much

you have DDR3 ram? Which motherboard do you have?

The 1.86ghz processor can be overclocked to 3+ghz

I have mine running at 3.22ghz at almost stock voltage (1.336)

wow, the dd3 hasnt proven to be worth it at all.
And for the oc part...just oc your cpu to about 3, since you already have an aftermarket hsf.
But also remember, to play the latest games and highest settings, youll need a better gpu...

wow heaps quick replies, thank so much.
Not sure what motherboard, I will have to check box sorry. I know, DDR3 did nothing, waste of money, oh well, i didnt pay that much for it, thanks to vouchers. So overclocking will just be as best as getting a new cpu basically?

Yeah been meaning to update graphics card for a while now, just last on my list. When ever I play counter strike my computer sometimes freezes, it never does that, what would be the reason for this?

well as long as you have a c2d, i would stick with it and just get a new gfx card.
If your having probs with playing cs, you will have a lot more probs playing games like moh:a...etc

I didnt know, people are UPDATING and not UPGRADING hardware :D, i'll see if I can find PIRATED hardware in market! AMD Athlon X2 pirated edition, 5$ or you can copy the processor from friends too.

yeah simple mistake dude, everyone does it.
Anyhow, over clocked CPU and yeah its all running much more smoothly, the computer isnt freezing now, neither is CS, although when I play half-life2 only the game everynow and then freezes, i know why due to gfx card. Ok so I want a new one, what would be best, I want one in the radeon series. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom