Updating BIOS A8N32

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
I originally sent this e-mail to ASUS but they gave me a reply 'Downgrade to XP'. I'm not retyping this is what I said:

I am having troubles updating
my BIOS. The software provided does not work to be done via Windows "No ASUS
motherboard", I tried using AFUDOS I get a size mismatch (not sure exact error). When
I use EZ-Flash I also get a BIOS size mismatch even though I'm using the right BIOS.

I burned it to a disk (using Vista's burning software). The ROM size is 1.00MB exactly. I
do not have a floppy drive. I am having issues getting a printer to work because of my
old BIOS version. I also need better support on my 8800.

This is ASUS's reply:
"Hello,

This socket series 939 does not support Vista OS's. For proper operation you will need to install XP.

Best Regards,

Rob
Lead Support Technician
Phone: (812)-282-ASUS
RMA: 510-739-3777 opt. 2
ASUSTeK Computer
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
http://livesupport.asus.com"

Even though I stated I could not update the bios with their DOS utility or their "ez-flash" utility they told me to downgrade Vista. Yea, DOS has a lot to do with Vista :)

So what are your guys suggestions?

I got this motherboard 2 years ago and I haven't had that computer working for more than a week at a time. It randomly just shuts down and is generally just useful for raising my blood pressure. I'm now looking to salvage what I can from it and start anew. That motherboard is just a headache imho.

Mine is great it just won't let me update bios.. ;P

Their tech support is what is going to drive me away from never buying another one of their products. That is absolutely the most horrible reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom