Unknown CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigabite

In Runtime
I have ECS Elitegroup L7VMM2 motherboard, which supports maximum AMD Athlon 2600+ but 266 MHZ FSB max. Ok, I have put AMD 2600+ barton core 2600+ but it is 333 MHZ. I tried resetting CMOS, which didn't work, and when I load into windows it says 1.53 MHZ (which is probably fine since it's not running at 333 MHZ FSB so it's running slower than it's normal 1.9/2.0 GHZ speed) but how do I adjust it to say AMD 2600+. It's killing me having this unknown CPU. lol.

I tried this mobo (ECS) is pretty bad though and everything is complicated as hell. I'll just install this gigabyte mobo I bought the other day and will reset cmos before anything else.

Run it at 333mhz and it will say AMD 2600+ but because its running at the slower speed, Its not an AMD2600+ anymore. Deal with it or buy another motherboard that supports it.

Yea but you know like when you reset CMOS and start up it asks you what CPU it is what's operating at, etc... Resetting CMOS on this mobo didn't ask any of this it just loaded like normally.

Gigabite said:
Yea but you know like when you reset CMOS and start up it asks you what CPU it is what's operating at, etc... Resetting CMOS on this mobo didn't ask any of this it just loaded like normally.

Maybe it did back in the 80386 days but not anymore. All that is automatic. It can tell what kind of CPU it is based on what the CPU runs at.

Oh ok cool. And yes I did buy new mobo supports up to 400 MHZ FSB but it's ATX and my crappy emachines case is microATX. lol. So pretty much when I install this mobo (Gigbyte 7VT600P-RZ) it should automatically detect that it's AMD 2600+ and it's speed?
Thanks

PanzerKammander said:
Its not going to fit, from the sound of it...lol

The mobo in your old case/

Huh? If you mean this new gigabyte mobo wont fit, then you're right cause it's ATX and emachines case is mATX. But when I get new ATX case everything should fit nicely. lol

Get a new case! E-machines cases are small and cramped. Go on Newegg or something, they have loads of cases, a lot of them really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom