Universal PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagenative

Beta member
I'm looking for a power supply that's 500w+ supports sata and standard power, and it would be great if it could handle at and atx.

Basically I need something reliable for testing computers with possible bad psu's.

Anyone have any ideas?

welcome to tech forums!

and i would say go for an antec earth watts, any corsair psu, or even a rosewill would do the job fine. and depending on what the systems you'll be testing are, you might not need a 500+ watt psu.

I mainly get Dell's in, with an occasional performance PC. I want something that I can also test those performance PC's with.

Do you know of any PSU's with especially long cords? I mean, I don't know if I want modular or what. Normally I'd just get PSU's from the computer grave yard from wherever I'm working, but I just started at this place and they threw out a bunch of their graveyard. They should of kept more PSU's and Mobo and Cpu combo's!

Anyways, yeah I'll take a gander at what you've suggested.

well with dells, you don't really have to have the btx design psu. a regular atx will work fine just don't screw it into the back. also a psu tester is always a good thing to have and they are like 10-30 bucks on the egg depending on what you want for options.

Grabbing a corsair vx 550w for the shop. Has sata and 4 pin interface and supports pci-e and the sli crap. Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom