Um... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Um...

Hey, guys... I'm having some difficulties.

I've stuck everything into my motherboard, powered everything, had my older brother (the one that's built 3 PC's <_<) check everything over, and it's all plugged up. All the fans are spinning, everything. However, my "plug-and-play" monitor won't turn on.

I have it plugged in using D-Sub, and I've triple-checked the connection. It turns on, and then says "No Signal, check cable", and then the LED light goes orange...

It's a Hanns.G 191APB, and I'm using a Gigabyte GB-965P-S3, with a eVGA 7600GS, 256MB memory and 128-bit interface.

Could you tell me what the problem is, and why this is doing it? I haven't done anything in the BIOS, or installed any drivers (Which all came on CDs), 'cause I can't see what I'm doing!!! Oh, and why did the monitor come with a driver CD? <_<

Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: Um...

If the monitor has analog (d-sub) and digital (dvi) imputs it may be as simple as changing the imput on the monitor usually there is a button on the monitor to accomplish this.

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 :: INTEL i7 920 @3.4 :: XFX GTX260 :: 6gb Corsair 1600 :: Corsair 750TX :: TRUE 120 :: Samsung T240 24" :: Windows 7 X64

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 06-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

I've tried every button; There's an A button (For auto, no idea what that means; either Auto-select, or auto-adjust monitor settings), and an M button (which doesn't do anything right now, for some reason.), and nothing works.

EDIT: I just tried using an older monitor, and it doesn't work, either. The LCD is indeed a plug-and-play, 'cause it works on my old laptop.

I think I need to install the drivers for my graphics card... Will a blank harddrive recognize an autoplay.inf file?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Does nobody know the answer to this, or is it too soon for me to expect a response?

I realize I might come across as impatient, but I'm really itching to get this rig working...
Old 06-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
There and Back again

1. Try the analog imput (as stated above)
2. if you have one... try a different video card.
3. a blank HDD will not see a video driver, so no it won't work.
4. if all else fails... RMA your card and get a new one... sounds to me like it's fubar'd

Dell 4K S2817Q / Logitech Z-680 / Func MS3 Mouse / Corsair K70
NZXT Source 530 / i7-3770K / Corsair H100 / ASRock Z77 Extreme4 / SoundBlaster Recon3d
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD/Seagate 1TB/2TB/WD 2TB
4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 / PNY GTX 980 ti/ Seasonic M12II 850W
Old 06-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Sounds like a graphics card issue to me also. I'd try using one you've got laying around instead of what's in the machine now to be sure. The only other thing I can think of is making sure you've got power hooked up to your card but I'm not sure if yours requires it.

Closed Thread