Ultra X-Finity 600-Watt SLI Ready Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

gustav213

Baseband Member
i was wondering what people thought of this psu. i am building a new sli system and was thinking of using this psu. there is a good combo on tigerdirect.com that offers two XFX 7800gt oc cards plus this power supply for 679 bucks.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1726995&CatId=1560

i jsut wanted to know what people thought of the psu if it was stable, since i am thinking of buying a ASUS A8N-32 mobo which looks awesome with true dual 16x on both cards. YEAHHHH

Wow thats a pretty good deal, I wouldn't go with a Ultra PSU nor will I go with XFX video cards, but it would be nice if you were building a system for someone.

Ok well first off, Ultra is a really cheap brand so is XFX, you'll most likely exprerience problems and that not what you want with a new pc so keep shopping. The Asus board for AMD CPU's are kind of buggy, stick to a good brand like a DFI, MSI, ABIT or Gigabyte.

I've heard mixed reviews on Ultra's PSUs. But the review I found on this one sounds good.

From extensivemods.com:

I believe that the X-Finity is one of Ultras strongest entries into the power supply market thus far. This PSU puts out rock solid voltages, and it looks great. Coming in both 500 and 600 watt models, Ultra's X-Finity is definitely becoming a stronger competitor in the power supply market.

That XFX card gets good reviews on NewEgg. Only complaint is that the fan is a little loud.

doesnt look like a good deal to me.

The eVGA 7800GT's are $290 shipped after rebate at Newegg.com

2 x 290 = $580 ...then spend $100 on whatever PSU you wont.

the OC at the end just means that XFX overclocks the card a little by default... nothing someone couldnt do on there own.

EDIT: not to mention id always recomend buying parts from somewere else besides Tigerdirect.... Im happy to say i have never bought a peace of hardwere from them in my life... plus they rip you on shipping cost.

reggie_da_man said:
Ok well first off, Ultra is a really cheap brand so is XFX, you'll most likely exprerience problems and that not what you want with a new pc so keep shopping. The Asus board for AMD CPU's are kind of buggy, stick to a good brand like a DFI, MSI, ABIT or Gigabyte.

Don't listen to him about the motherboard, the ASUS is the best SLI motherboard out there with the dual x16 lanes, go for it. XFX isn't a great brand like he said, but the power supply looks pretty good.

well i guess now that i think about xfx is an k brand and tigerdirect does rip you off on shipping. the asus mobo is pretty good but it is hard to find right now and the only place i found is tigerdirect and they make you wait around 30 days to ship t from asus which i would gladly wait if people give me good news on it but all i have read is bad news like unstable and bad for amd chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom