Two Monitors. One Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I have GTA San Andreas for the computer. I also am thinking about upgrading from my 7 year old CRT monitor. Question is this.

Say I get a niiiiiice widescreen flat panel LCD monitor. But what if I also got a little 15 inch flat panel typical Dell monitor as well. Could I set it up so the 15 inch Dell monitor displays my desktop + buddy list/IMs, while the wide screen plays GTA? That way, I don't have to pause the game and hit the windows key to go to my desktop every so often to answer IMs? Would I need two video cards for that, or perhaps something stronger than a 6600 256mb?

If it is possible, which I think it is (not sure though), It depends on your gfx card.

yes it is possible... I do it now for my 2 18" LCD's. I had to play the game in window mode and not in full screen. This way I just expanded out the window to the size I want and still have Tech-Forums up on the other monitor. :p It just depends on the game in which you are trying to do that. Some won't let you play in window mode. But I do have an issue with it... Once in the game, you still have to use the window key to get out of the game and move your mouse off, onto the other screen.

Oh you have to be in windows mode, cause i put all my crap on the other side, and i play BF2. But everytime i click on the other side in minmizes anyways :p.

yeah its easy, but don't expect all your games to like it much, quite a few will screwup or even crash.

A much better option is to get a cheap laptop and just pop it on your desk next to your keyboard.

It can be done and I do it. Find a graphics card that supports it and the drivers and software provided will help you set it up and you can select which programs to show on which screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom