Two graphics cards? >new at computers<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tik172

Solid State Member
I just bought a new desktop computer, loads of RAM, but for some reason is a bit laggy when playing even the least graphics-demanding games.

Someone suggested it could be the graphics card.
I have the graphics card from my old computer, and see a slot for it on the motherboard. The graphics card on my new computer is intergrated.

Could I put my old graphics card in?
If I could, would the two cards clash?
Is the graphics card the actual solution to the lag?

:/

Specs are definitely required, so we know whether they're compatible. But it is certainly possible.

The link that didnt seem to work, said it is a uma Ge Fo 9100..

Crappy on board.

Which is why it laggs.. To update youre gonna have to open up the case, look for a pci-e port/slot and give the power supply tag 12V watts number.

Could I put my old graphics card in?
If I could, would the two cards clash?
Is the graphics card the actual solution to the lag?

Probably but we would need to know the make and model of your PC and either the GPU name or model of the card.

The cards wouldn't clash but you need to do a couple of things one is to set the graphics device in the BIOS the other is to get the correct the driver.

Possibly, once we know what PC you have we can find out what graphics chip it has, from there we can compare it against the card from the old PC and teell you if/how much better it will be.

Right you are paton. Hmmm well it seems that PC has a PCI-e 16 which is good for most modern cards. No guarantee the PSU will be up to the task, you could certainly try it but if the card requires a 6 pin power connector you are probably going to be out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom