Two CPU & two graphics card MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystikast

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I currently have two computers, both running AMD Athlon 64-bit 3400+ CPU & Gefore 7800GS! They are on a socket 939 asus a8v deluxe motherboard.

What I want to do is combine the two computers into one SUPER computer!!

Are there any motherboards that are socket 939 and will allow me to run two CPU's (not dual-core) and two graphics cards?

Thanks all,

mystikast

The short and simple answer?? NO. There is nothing available for your processors. If there even was, it would not be cost effective. You are better off selling them and using the money to build a new dual-cored system.

Yeaa, your hardwares dated as it is. And as far as I know they never have made dual socket 939 mobos.

Like surge said, you're MUCH better off selling your rig and building a new one from scratch. A modern day gaming computer, Intel quad core based, would run circles around that dual socket set up you wanted.

Just save up then dude. Your CPU and RAM are going to bottleneck any new video card you'd get ha.

You're much better off selling your current rig, getting about $500-$600, and building a new rig. When ya do, come and ask us to help you configure one. You can build a very capable rig for that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom