TV Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

fangs2000

In Runtime
Hey all,

I'm heading off to uni in just over a week, and consider using my PC monitor as a TV, so to watch terrestial Television and use a console on.

Thus, i need a Video Caption card.

Trouble is, i'm very un-familear with them, and was hoping some people could reccommend some good examples which are worth buying. My budget isn't great, looking at around £30 tops. I would appreciate it if you linked to UK websites (old post of mine with UK stores http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34946)

I want it to be able to recive terrestial television and use a scart (or composite A/V RGB input).

THe more features the better, i am intersted in also having teletext, recording and remote control, but these are more toys than anything.

Just before anyone says anything, streaming TV through the internet is not an option.

Another question while i'm here, this kind of setup would require a TV licence right?

i can vouch for that hauppage tv tuner. ive got one in my rig and it works flawlessly. comes with a remote too which is really handy when ur too lazy to get out of bed in the morning and just want to watch some **** tv :)

btw works wonderfully in winXP pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom