tv tuner card issues, wintv go

Status
Not open for further replies.

impguardman

Solid State Member
Hi, I am in dire need of help. I usually can figure out issues like this but this time I'm really stuck. I have a fairly decent gaming rig, great 22inch widescreen LCD monitor and all that good stuff. I would like to play cable tv on my monitor.

So, I did the normal impulsive thing. Walked down to my local Future Shop and bought the cheapest PCI TV Tuner card, a wonderful WinTV-GO. Hauppauge is the name of the company that makes this.

So I rush home, read the instructions real quick, pop in the card, hook up my cable to it, hook up the audio out and in and proceed to install the drivers off the CD. Everything went well. I can see the device in device manager and everything is looking good. So I start up the WinTV2000 application that came with it.

What it does when I search for channels, Cable in Canada is it finds channel 5 which is poor reception and a few others. I unplug my coaxial from my cable jack and it finds those channels. I am assuming its picking up antena TV which is not good. I fiddle around with all the settings and try every option and it does not pick up cable.

So I go and search for another application for this. I get DScaler. I install it picks up my card but no TV tuner. Won't let me search on that. I try the Happauge website and reinstall the card and drivers and same thing, picks up a few antenna channels very poorly.

I'm wondering what do I do in this case to get the TV to work on my computer. This is my first time using one but I have heard about them and generally how they work.

I'm using windows XP Media edition. I followed all the tips on the companies website but still no luck. I went into the media center->setting->tv and it says no tv tuner hardware detected. That is kinda what the other app did besides the one that came with it...

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom