tv tuner card

Status
Not open for further replies.

liam

Baseband Member
I am looking at getting a tv tuner card. I dont really waht to spend a lot on it and just want to be able to record tv onto my computer. does anyone have any suggestions on cards or software.

yea man johnyB_24 is right. go with this one!! i just picked it up at compusa for like 120 bux? or so...i actually dont remember....but it comes with built in "DVR" "PVR" type options. its awesome. I use it all the time. if a show is coming on really late...or at a time i know im gonna be out with some buddies...well i just use the scheduler program that comes with it and set it and FORGET IT....hahahaha. but yea it records right to your hard drive, and different record options allow you to change quality for SPACE saving. a one hour show takes up to 1.5 GB on mine right now. pretty sweet deal! : )

twopointshotdr said:
yea man johnyB_24 is right. go with this one!! i just picked it up at compusa for like 120 bux? or so...i actually dont remember....but it comes with built in "DVR" "PVR" type options. its awesome. I use it all the time. if a show is coming on really late...or at a time i know im gonna be out with some buddies...well i just use the scheduler program that comes with it and set it and FORGET IT....hahahaha. but yea it records right to your hard drive, and different record options allow you to change quality for SPACE saving. a one hour show takes up to 1.5 GB on mine right now. pretty sweet deal! : )

Yeah man, overpay for a TV tuner and use their proprietary software that can't compress video to it takes up a lot of space. AWESOME.

PVR-150 = $50
GBPVR = $0 www.gbpvr.com

P.S. - An our of recorded TV should take 400mb at most, not 1500mb ...

well you got me there...i can see MYSELF d/l this program....thnx for making me look dumb and the better program!! haha...:cool:

The General said:
Yeah man, overpay for a TV tuner and use their proprietary software that can't compress video to it takes up a lot of space. AWESOME.

PVR-150 = $50
GBPVR = $0 www.gbpvr.com

P.S. - An our of recorded TV should take 400mb at most, not 1500mb ...

1. Most proprietary software does include compression...well, all that I have seen.
2. One hour of recording time takes at most 400MB? No. Obviously this depends on your compression settings, but still, no!
3. I do like your prices, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom