Trying to upgrade this for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always up the GFX card, but you would need to replace the power supply to feed it. You could possibly add some more RAM, but anything over 2 gigs wouldn't give you a real return. Since it is a pre-built, you can't really overclock it, so extra CPU cooling would be sort of pointless. The link didn't state the socket, but I am guessing either 478 or an early 775... either way you are pretty well stuck for upgrading the CPU.

You're next big step will have to be a new system. You could scavenge parts from your current system, or you could build new and have the old one as a spare.

You could always up the GFX card, but you would need to replace the power supply to feed it. You could possibly add some more RAM, but anything over 2 gigs wouldn't give you a real return. Since it is a pre-built, you can't really overclock it, so extra CPU cooling would be sort of pointless. The link didn't state the socket, but I am guessing either 478 or an early 775... either way you are pretty well stuck for upgrading the CPU.

You're next big step will have to be a new system. You could scavenge parts from your current system, or you could build new and have the old one as a spare.

Ok thanks, that helped a lot. I think if i want to upgrade more i just need to start from scratch and build a new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom