trying to reconstruct a failed computer - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: trying to reconstruct a failed computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan_Kaizer View Post
If you have 500 bucks to spend, you can pretty much get a whole new computer, and a good one at that. What parts do you already have though that you are willing to keep? To be honest, a 7600GT won't really cut it in modern games.
Will it do alright to begin with though? If I use it for a month then it wasn't a waste of money and I won't have to set a memorial service for more wasted money. It's all about peace of mind at this point.

The thing that really ticks me off about this is I went to a company that built me a computer before and that computer is still running. But when this computer started having problems they wouldn't do more besides reformat the HD and send it back to me. Just make sure you don't send anyone to myAOpen.com. Waste of money and I'm kicking myself for not building one myself then.

Oh and is anyone else recommending Vista Home? I've just heard awful things about Vista and I love XP Pro.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Monster Techie

your all set, your HD and one of your DVD drives are seta, all you'll have on your IDE port is one DVD and that is fine, I have one DVD still on IDE myself so using that stuff will be good, be kind of dumb to replace it actually. The stuff you picked out looks pretty good too but as stated the VGA will be the weak spot in the system.

Dauntae

Antec 200 - I7-920 - ASUS P6T - Corsair TX650 it's old but still kicking like a mule
2-EVGA GTX 470 in SLI- ocz vertex 3 SSD 128 gig
Seagate Barracuda 1-TB - OCZ DDR3-1600 12 gigs 3x2
Keeps Me Happy :lol:

If I've been helpful, Please rep me
Old 10-16-2008, 01:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauntae View Post
your all set, your HD and one of your DVD drives are seta, all you'll have on your IDE port is one DVD and that is fine, I have one DVD still on IDE myself so using that stuff will be good, be kind of dumb to replace it actually. The stuff you picked out looks pretty good too but as stated the VGA will be the weak spot in the system.

Dauntae
The VGA will work though? At least for a bit? XP Pro vs. Vista? I already have XP Pro and love it.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
Patron

It will work fine just be a tad behind the performance of everything else
Old 10-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltynay View Post
It will work fine just be a tad behind the performance of everything else
Awesome I'm going to start getting everything together then and we'll see how it goes.

Closed Thread