Trying to install ad HD, windows not seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runfox

In Runtime
My computer setup, Windows 7 64bit,MB Microstar MS-7125 Nvidia Nforce 4 chipset, AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+, RAM 4gig (4x1), Graphics card EVGA Nvidia GeForce 7800GT,primary HD Seagate 250gig SATA.

Ok I have a Hitachi 250gig IDE HD I am trying to install on my computer as a back up drive. I know it is not the same brand as my primary Seagate, but I need a back up drive and right now its all I have. This drive is a replacement from Hitachi for a defective drive, I don't know if it has been formatted or not. I guess its a new drive. So I plugged it into my comuter, in my CMOS setup it is the IDE Primary Slave, I have the jumpers set to slave, and my primary HD is IDE, third Master. When I boot to windows, it saw the drive and said , installing drivers for Hitachi HD. Looks good. But when I check my computer, I don't see the drive. My floppy DVD is D drive, so this should be my E drive, but its not there.

I have Speccy utility on my computer and it sees the drive Hitachi interface PATA. I just cant figure out why Windows does not show the drive in My Computer, when it saw it when I first booted up and installed the drivers. And I see it in my CMOS and in Speccy.

Ok so I see the drive in disk management, and I think it needs to be formatted. But I cant seam to get and system tools or format option there. So I think I will put it in a portable case and try to format it that way..

Ok feeling stupid right now. I have never done this before but I figured it out, so simple DUH. Right click on the drive volume, create simple volume, follow the wizard, created a volume, NTFS and a drive letter E , all done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom