Trying to find a Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
This is a lot harder than I thought. All I want is a simple laptop. Nothing extreme, but nothing old. I want something that looks good but is also cheap. I would prefer at least a 1.3ghz CPU, with 256mb ram, (upgradeable) I would also prefer a 14"in screen minimum. I want to spend around $700 no higher. I was looking on eBay, NewEgg, TigerDirect, and a few others and really can't find much. Any help thoughts or ideas would be nice. I would like something that can also run Guild Wars. Thats going to be the only game I play on it for the most part. Sitting downstairs on my wireless playing Guild. That will be the only game. Other than that I dunno.

Thanks guys.

I'm not sure what the requirements for Guild Wars are, and I'm too lazy to look them up now, but I'm almost positive that you'll end up having to drop more than $700 to play the game at any decent setting. 256mb of RAM wouldn't be sufficient. 512 would be better, but 1024 would be best. With a decent Turion 64 processor, and a gig of RAM, you could probably use a system that runs off of the AMD Xpress200 chipset and play Guild Wars at a livable setting. Maybe 1024x768 ( or whatever the widescreen equivalent is ), low/mid settings. In order to stay as close as possible to that price range, you'll either need to find a sweet deal on a used ( but not abused ) laptop, buy one from a lesser known manufacturer ( like Acer ). With some of your more mainstream manufacturers, you might be able to find a sweet deal after mail in rebates at a retail store.. if you're patient enough and can afford to wait for the rebates to come in. It generally takes 8-12 weeks.

Minimum PC System Requirements

PC Processor Type - Intel® Pentium® III processor or equivalent

PC Processor Speed - 800MHz

PC Operating System - Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows 2000, Windows XP

PC System Memory - 256MB RAM

PC Hard Drive Space - 250MB

PC Video - 32MB GeForce 2 class-compatible video card

PC Sound Card - Sound Card

PC Additional Requirements - Internet service required to access online features

Sounds like you're gonna need a lappy with at least a basic graphics card.

The HP Pavilion ze2000z starts within your range, and has a ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M card. Customizing will raise the price.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/cto/computer_customize_components.do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom