Trying to build a PC that will steam videos to my TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freedonutss

Baseband Member
Hi, Im trying to build a PC that will stream videos from my computer to my big screen in good quality. I have a 52" Widescreen Sony hdtv. It does have a DVI port. Im just wondering should I get a normal video card that runs pretty well and just connect it through DVI? What do I all need to do this?

You mentioned everything you need. You will need a pretty decent graphics card by the way. But yea, just connect through DVI and you are all set.

any card with a dvi port, should be able to stream to other dvi or hdmi ports.

i was considering, buying a card that had a hdmi port, so when i download shows like lost and hereos, it will be in HiDef.

I know the new Saphire Cards have hdmi ports. but they are costly. but if you have a 50"+ tv, get the best man!

Ok lets say I want it to show up on the monitor and the big screen. How good of a video card will I need to do dual monitors or lets say 1 monitor AND 1 big screen tv

Oh sorry no im not using the one in my sig. I built that computer ages ago and I already sold it. Im building one for my parents so they can watch movies from the computer to the Big screen. The motherboard I already have is a socket 775 so I think the pentium D 805 will do with 1 gig of ram. Pretty much everything else I have. Its also an agp slot. So whats the best AGP video card for this job?

**** you better find one long *** dvi cable if your gonna connect from the computer, i dont think you want it set up right next to the tv. those can give off some nasty frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom