Trying to build a budget pc, tips please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipdip

Solid State Member
I'm trying to build a computer that is relatively cheap. What do you think of this setup? Anything I can shave off to save even more money? I'd like to keep the vid and sound card.

GeForce 8600 GT
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Asus P5N-E
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Corsair Dual channel TWINX DDR2
Seagate 320GB
Coolmax 600W
Cooler Master Elite 330 ATX

That's about 1080$ CAD, I want cheaper. Suggestions please! Thank you

Since your price is in CAN $$$ I'm guessing you are Canadian? Safe assumption...?

I built the system in my sig below for about $900 CAN after MIR from a variety of stores. ncix.com is who I used for anything i didn't buy locally, their S&H was reasonable and they have an online price match function as well as good MIR offers if you don't mind waiting (still waiting).

I used Compare prices - Canada - Price Comparison - Comparison Shopping to find the cheapest prices for what I wanted and then either went with ncix.com to match it online or a couple of local stores that also advertised price matching if they had the item in stock.

My system i got almost entirely from feedback from people on these boards...I also had a $1000 after tax price cap but I was looking for AMD and something I could easily overclock to get more for my pinched pennies.

Don't know if that helps at all but is my two cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom