Troubleshooting RAM issue

CityBoyYuri

Beta member
Hi!

So I have had this gaming PC I built in early June and it's been great, I love gaming on PC compared to console plus just having a nice desktop is a good feeling. However, for the longest time I've ran with two 4 GB Ripjaws RAM sticks, and I wanted to upgrade to 16 GBs of RAM, so I ordered two more 4 GB sticks of the exact same type of Ripjaws RAM. However, upon getting them, I installed them and got blue screen two times, once saying “Service Exception” and once “Memory” being the cause. I thought I got a bad set, so I sent them back and got some more. However, I had the same issue and gave up, and am back two using just the original two 4 GB sticks. It gets the job done, but this is a $2000 desktop and it's super frustrating I can't get this upgrade to work. Please help

MSI GTX1070 TI graphics card, Asrock X470 Gaming K4 AM4 ATX motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Processor, IPSG 256 GB PRO NVME SSD, IPSG 7200 P300 1 TB HDD

That doesn't tell me speed or timings.

Before you put extra sticks in, make sure bios is fully updated and set speed manually to 2400 then try it.

Go into the bios when you first turn the computer on, your ASrock board should have an option to update via the internet (this will require an ethernet cable btw if you're on wireless). Once that is done we will have to consult your board specific manual for how to set speed manually.

Back
Top Bottom