Trouble with GX1 Optiplex desktop - USB port not being detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarthikP

Beta member
Hi,

I have a GX1 Optiplex desktop with Bios A10. If I connect any USB device to my USB ports, they are not being detected. I tried uninstalling the device and then adding the hardware again, and the drivers were detected automatically but still the USB ports are not enabled. I reinstalled the Windows XP on my system recently. It is not working since then. I would like to know if I have to enable the USB in the system setup after the installation. If so, it would be great if someone can let me know how it is to be done.

Otherwise, is there any chance for some other problem. Please let me know if anyone knows anything on this regard. It would be of great help to me.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Karthik

If its under warranty call up dell and ask them what to do, so you don't void the warranty.... (Kinda redundant)

If you don't a flip about the warranty you can pop open your case and see if they are attached correctly, and reconnect them after blowing out any dust.

You should also check the BIOS to make sure if the port are enabled or disabled. I have seen a few instances of the ports getting disabled after a BIOS upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom