Touble setting an IDE to serial ATA converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

elchavo

Solid State Member
Hi,
Im having trouble setting a converter (IDE TO SATA) on my system. I cant managed the system to detect the new drive, I already tried both IDE's and still dont get any results.
I tought the system will recongnized the controller and install the drivers automatically.
Can anyone tell me the way I can manage the system to detect or install the drivers of the converter (controller)

I have an old IDE drive, but it is getting close to crashed (too many bad sectors when I scanned)

Thanks,
MM

So your trying to install a new hard drive with a SATA interface on your computer using a EIDE to SATA converter? OR a SATA to EIDE Converter?

I'm trying to install a sata hard drive using a converver IDE TO SATA
i already installed it, but for some reason the system is not seeing the hard drive. I already tried both the primary and secondary IDE but no luck. It seems like I need to install the drivers of the converter, but I dont have any idea how to do it.

MM

try this. (windows xp)
go to control panel
go to computer management
go to disk management.
see if the drive shows there.
you might have to assign a drive letter to the drive first and then format the drive.

try this. (windows xp)
go to control panel
go to computer management
go to disk management.
see if the drive shows there.
you might have to assign a drive letter to the drive first and then format the drive.

I dont see anything. Even I check the BIOS and the new drive is not being detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom