Torn between 2 options 965 or 1055t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbydrew

Solid State Member
Am building a system on a very tight tight budget, I have managed to close the choice down to 2 options.

Option 1 is an amd 965 quad core 3.4mhz

Option 2 is an amd 1055t six core 2.8mhz

I use my computer mainly for internet surfing, DVD watching and occasional gaming. It will be hooked up to a gigabyte 9800gt silent cell 1gb ddr3 and 4gb of 1333mhz ddr3 ram.

For what i use my computer for I probably dont need the 6 cores but I would like my computer to be future proof for the next 2 years atleast and as there is only £17 difference between them I want to get the most for my limited funds.

The 1055T is the Holy Grail of AMD and your right you don't need that much power but if your future proofing and have the means I say go for it.

You may want to consider the Phenom II x4 955 as well, there is no real difference between it and the 965 and it's often a good bit cheaper.

At this point the Quads are actually faster since most program's don't use 6 cores however that may change down the road.

If the price is significant on the 955 I will go that route, but I had the option of the 965 or 1055 in a preset deal. A comp store near me is having a closing sale, so will push for the most I can get.

Know nothing about overclocking, so will probably leave it stock. Doesnt it affect the life of the cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom