8GB HyperX 1833MHz RAM
Corsair cx600 PSU
ect ect...
And although the build is OKAY, I'm planning to upgrade it to;
16GB of the same RAM
MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB
I5-4690K
MSI 787-G45 motherboard
(an additional 120-160gb SSD to boot from)
All of these upgrades should cost me around £550...
For this price could I get better upgrades?
Are my choices okay?
Will everything run smoothly together? Thanks.

Edit: This build will be MAINLY for dayz, rust, bf4 ect...

Last edited:
If its for gaming.... there is no reason for 16gb ram.... 8gb is plenty and I would go with Geforce gtx 960 for few dollars more. Let's wait and see what others think as well.

If its for gaming.... there is no reason for 16gb ram.... 8gb is plenty and I would go with Geforce gtx 960 for few dollars more. Let's wait and see what others think as well.

Yeah after making this post I have been doing a little more research and it seems if I did go down that route it'd be best to go with a 960 as it's supposed to be great for price-performance rating.

I'd say scratch all the rest besides maybe the ssd and get a 970 instead.

Would the CPU not get bottlenecked by the 970 though?
And with that issue the new CPU would need a different motherboard to use so it's more of a domino effect.

No your current setup is sufficient. I know there was already a long discussion in another thread about it, but since you already have this I see no reason to upgrade it right now. You will see a bigger difference getting a better GPU for now.

No your current setup is sufficient. I know there was already a long discussion in another thread about it, but since you already have this I see no reason to upgrade it right now. You will see a bigger difference getting a better GPU for now.

Aah okay fair enough, thank you.
Another question, with games like dayz, arma 3 (high CPU required games) Will the graphics card update help improve the general frames? I can obviously run dayz with playable fps, however I do find myself getting ****ed over in multiple situations because of the frames. Will the GPU upgrade help, or will I need a new CPU to be able to handle these?

You running the standalone ****Z? If so, nothing you do will help your frames. Look at my rig in my sig, I get like 30fps at best because the game is so ****. Arma 3 should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom