Time for an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
Got about 800 to upgrade my CPU, MoBo, Ram, Video card and possibly a new case. My old PSU and HDD should be fine for a new system. Any thoughts on whether to go AMD or Intel these days? I also might have to finally retier my Win XP, since i will most likely be getting DDR3 i doubt my limit on system memory will allow me to stay in the stone age OS.

This is more of a build than an upgrade...

What PSU do you have? Also the HDD capacity?

We can get you a pretty nice system for $800

like mindovermaster said, we are going to need to know what powersupply you have, and the HDD. but yea, XP is going to have to go!

OK _ will ask- what is the PC going to be used for? If your a Major gamer vs a video production guy that will change stuff. Do you plan on overclocking or not, one GPU now and maybe adding a second when you can afford or not? If you are a gamer- are you playing stuff like BF3 or are you doing less intense stuff?

Most gamers are using a i5-2500K as it overclocks great- but the AMD's are cheaper. Need to get your needs/wants/desires before moving forward.

$800 will get you a great upgrade.

Grab an i5 2500K....A nice 1155 mobo....8GB of G-Skill Ram and a GTX 560 Ti or an AMD 6850...or any nice gpu for aound $175-$200.....get a case with what is left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom