Time to build a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might just get that Biostar. Then I don't have to worry about splicing the wires. :) Thanks

Is my power supply enough for this setup?

Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V

This is what I'm getting.

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H - MB
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane - ADO5000IAA5DU
DDR2 2X1 GB 800 RAM
640Gb 7200 rpm HD SATA
Sapphire ATI 5450 1GB VC
3 - case fans
Lite-on SATA 24X DVD-RW w/ L/scribe
NIC card

If this will work. My PSU only has 4 pin power plug for CPU. Do I need to get a molex cord with 8 pin CPU power plug? Or will this CPU work with it bcause it's older? Thanks

Thanks Trooter good to know.

Couple questions about CPU.

The used AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+ Brisbane ADO5000IAA5DU had a little bit of thermal paste on the outside 2-3 pins very little. Will this be a problem? Do you think it got shorted from this? Remember it did start but it kept rebooting every 5 seconds. I hope it was just the ECS MB but don't know.

If so I'm looking at this one to replace it. Is it a good one? AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition Kuma 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core Desktop Processor AD785ZWCJ2BGH - OEM

Thanks. I'll let you know what I get or if the Brisbane works.

I got another problem with old FAT32 drive that I'm trying to access. I'll post it in proper area.

Hey Trotter,
All seems good. I have it up n running now. The Brisbane CPU worked payed $15 for CPU n HS fan. I ordered 2 more gigs of same OCZ RAM. They came n when I installed them they didnt work. So theyre goin back to NE. That MB test was simple. Fear of the unknown.

I had no problem installing on old Win XP OS. Until Win activation. Then it just wouldn't activate. Called Micrsft they couldnt help ended up reinstalln because of that PITA.

Anyway Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom