Tiger Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logarithms

Banned
Well, I am interested in Tiger Direct because I may, in the future, be purchasing parts from it. However, I read its report from the Better Business Bureau. The BBB gave Tiger Direct a C*, which is not a "bad" grade. For scale, Newegg received a A+, which I can understand because I have dealt with the service before.

A grade of C is defined as, "Average rating. We would expect consumer transactions to be satisfactory. Since each transaction is individual, read our full report to determine if you have questions or concerns."

My list of questions include: Do any of you have any particularly bad experiences with Tiger Direct? Is the ranking of a C justified for Tiger Direct? How well does Tiger Direct compare with Newegg?

*Link: BBB's Tiger Direct report

Thank you for your time.

i have only bought one thing from TD and that was a retail pentium D 940. td got it to my house in about 4 days and never had any problems with it. never had to return any thing with them tho. but if they beat neweggs price on something then i would not hesitate to buy some thing from them :)

Well in my opinion I think tiger direct has great deals sometimes. Sometimes the BBB isn't always right and there are times they are right. But I like to get on there and look at the latest products. But do you know why they have a c? I didn't think that they were bad. I like tiger direct.

Yha, TD is usually a little pricey, but i've never had an issue with them.

The problem with online stuff is any kid can write on it when theyre ****ed cause TD won't fix a problem that was caused by uninformed buyers.

Bottom line, TD is my #3 choice, with ncix and newegg

Tiger Direct is a good option when your going to be charged sales tax for living in CA.

If you ignore their overpricing tiger direct isn't so bad. Customer care is pretty poor and the 15 year olds in the store here aren't as knowledgeable as they should be but not terrible either, I'd rank them as a 6/10 :p

I will, on RARE occasions buy from them if A) I need the item NOW, and B) They are close in pricing to canadacomputers,the other local "big" shop.

Unfortunately it is vary rare that they meet both these criteria.

I'd rank them the same as you , just slightly ahead of canadacomputers....they're prices are higher but canadacomputers has horrible customer care, only beaten by directCanada who has the worst customer care I've ever seen....in any industry, of any store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom