Three questions before I purchase items on july 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I am currently gathering the money for a minimal upgrade of my pc I do every summer.

Would this Artic silver work with my masscool heatsink fan ?

1. Newegg.com - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

This is what I have in my pc at the moment:

New Masscool 8WT15-38 775 Heat Sink Fan to 3.6GHz - eBay (item 250397974852 end time Jul-27-09 01:52:22 PDT)

2. Also my celeron tempature has been steadily heating up to quickly, I think it has to do with masscools pregrease being on there now for 8 months.
Currently my celeron e1400 is at 51c and currently here it's 3:25am, during the day it reaches 63c if I don't have my fan blowing during the day.

Will artic silver work fine for my current heatsink and lower the tempature at a steady 38-43c ?

3. I had just looked gigabytes mobo under 54.00 half of them that people have gotten said they were DOA or not functioning properly.
I really would like a gigabyte mobo under 60.00 but they have been having some very badluck with some of theor mobo's.
I can't risk getting a DOA right now, trying to cough up 60.00 for the thermal grease and the board is hard enough.

I am considering another foxconn that "WILL" over clock.

Newegg.com - Foxconn G31MXP-K LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

get tx-2 instead of AS5. It is a bit better.

as for the mb question I will let someone else answer that one for you.

If you're hitting 51 when it should be relatively cool, I would think twice about overclocking and spending tons of money on a new mobo.

If you're hitting 51 when it should be relatively cool, I would think twice about overclocking and spending tons of money on a new mobo.

What ? before summer began, my celeron and mobo stayed relatively cool.
When I checked it on may 2nd in the bios it said 43c and the tempature in georgia was averaging between 73 to 82 degrees in that month .
The reason why it's getting too hot is because of augusta's summer heat reaching the triple digits.
Thats why pete I was asking about some newer thermal paste, masscool's thermal paste doesn't work to good.

Also I am not looking into any major overclocking I just needed a board in a range of under 60.00 that could do that without screwing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom