three fold decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcxander

Solid State Member
Hey guys i'm new to the site, I joined to hopefully get some good advice on how I should upgrade my computer. I really want to upgrade this computer that I built myself. Basically I want three things, more ram, a good graphics card and a an expansion to allow dual screens so i can hook my tv up as well. all of this I kind've want to do on a student budget ($200 a week is my living budget and i have no problem saving up for stuff) My computer take sddr2 ram so i was considering a 4gb kingston stick
it doesnt have an agp slot far as i know but pci express and
two pci slots one occupied by usb expansion slot

what graphics cards do you recommend for gaming (i was going to get a cheap nvidia 256 card but not sure if it comes in pci express)
and

what expansion for split screens as well

mobo is the 945gcmx-s2

thanks for reading :)

Can you tell us what speed your RAM is? 533, 667, 800?

You have a PCI-E x16 slot. You can use any recent Graphic card in it.

Also, what is the model and wattage of your PSU?

funny you should ask i was just looking how to find it out without opening my computer. im not sure what the psu is the computer is about two years old, and its british standard far as i know so its 13amp in the fuse. i will have to go pull it from its corner to diassemble for actual watt figure,
i ran cpu iz on my computer and it says my memory is 2048
DRAM freq is 335 MHz
is that what you mean?

You have 667 RAM.

That would be mighty hard to put a graphic card on the 240. You'd need a new PSU.

Are you in the US, or in UK?

I am in Ireland, so the UK sorta. What'd be a decent PSU I could get so? I figured most computers came with a PSU that would allow for some expansion without any hassle

it is currently two 1gb ddr2 sticks of ram but i am going to upgrade that to 4 which is that maximum the system can handle i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom