Three different versions of the RADEON 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.

guinness1983

Baseband Member
I'm looking at the radeon 5450 there are three versions.

The first is SAPPHIRE 5450 with 512mb ddr3

The second is a MSI with 1g and ddr3 but these are getting harder and harder to find and because of the large heatsink may not be an option for me.

I can't remember the third brand but it had a 1gb ddr2.

All have 650mhz core clock and 800mhz memory clock. I think the Sapphire may have 1600mhz. I don't know if those figures are important or not.

I don't play games on pc anymore so mostly watching movies and regular surfing and watching some live streaming stuff. I read somewhere that having 1gb isn't such an advantage over 512mb for low end, entry level stuff. I don't know if that's true or not.

Edit:
I sometimes look at photography sites (flickr,photo.net,natgeo etc) and open multiple tabs on google chrome, sometimes two or three different windows with multiple tabs each. I don't know if this makes a difference but when i do this I notice the PC gets a little louder and this is about as much load as I put on it. Don't know if it has anything to do with the GPU, maybe it has more to do with the CPU but I thought I would add the info...

If you must get a passively cooled GPU, I would say get the MSI 5450
Depending on your screen resolution, you may need the 1GB version. What resolution is your monitor set to?

Also, if you open multiple tabs, that is CPU intensive and the sound that you hear is your CPU fan spinning faster to keep the CPU cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom