Thoughts? been going thru MSY for a new computer parts any other Ideas for what i might need

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobie123

Beta member
Hey guys so Since i posted last, i cleaned out my computer with air and ****ed the mother board. took it to a tech dude who said it crash or died. so now im on the hunt for a new computer.

Went out to MSY and had a look around for prices etc.

this is what i have come up with, if im missing something or you think i should get something else please let me know would be great. Thanks heaps!

thermal ISGC 100 Cooling Fan
268 b3 Chipset
1280m GTX570 gigbyte $389
8GB (4GB x2) Patriot Viper $102
Patriot 64 GB SSD Solid State Drive $122
WD 1Tb 64M Cache $100
Thermaltake Evo Blue Gaming Power 650W $139
Sound Card?
Network Card?
DvdRW?
Windows 7 $95
Intel Core i7-2600K $334
Coolmaster SGC-200 $93

What motherboard? I get this Gigabyte when I punch in that chipset number, but I can't be sure that's what you mean. Once verified, check the motherboard's web page for its QVLs (qualified vendor lists) for CPUs and RAM that board supports. You must buy a listed CPU, but there are too many RAM makers and models for them to test all, so you must buy RAM with the same electrical characteristics.

Note too that almost all (if not all) motherboards today come with at least on integrated network interface and decent (often excellent) on-board sound.

With 8Gb of RAM, you must get 64-bit Windows so make sure you have selected the right one.

Note there has been massive flooding where Western Digital has their factories and where Seagate suppliers have theirs. Drive prices are skyrocketing almost hourly. So you might want to buy your drive now, even if you have not decided on other components - or wait a couple months until the supply channels have recovered.

Finally, just so you are aware, the use of aftermarket coolers on both AMD and Intel CPUs that come boxed with a supplied OEM heatsink fan assemblies violates the terms of the CPU warranties. If that is not a concern, then no problem. But you need to be aware of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom