Thinking about upgrading my case, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I've been pondering over this idea for a while now. I've looked around Newegg, and I've found narrowed it down to these two:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 532 RC-532-SKN1 Black Aluminum bezel, SECC chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

But, before I get one...I have a few questions... I had bought a pre-built HP PC, but the case is just too small for me. The cords are all bunched up, and I'd like to get a larger case (which that one is larger, about 1.5" larger all around). However...I'm not sure if my I/O panel would be able to pop out/replace the existing one in that case, because the I/O panel that's in the case does not match up to my mobo's ports. So here's my questions: a) are most I/O panels the same dimensions (lenghtwise/widthwise), and b) (not sure if you'd be able to answer this one or not) would I be able to pop out my I/O panel from my current case, and put it in the place of the stock I/O panel on the Coolermaster case? Thanks a lot for the help, guys, I appreciate it =).

If you need my specs, they're in my sig. Oh, BTW, my mobo's a Micro-ATX. Here's a link to my mobo specs, via HP's site: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs -  Motherboard Specifications, P5LP-LE (Altair) 

Yeah, kinda what I thought, but I wasn't sure if I could just replace the I/O panels. I talked to HP, and they just said I could upgrade the case as long as the I/O panels matched. Kinda already knew that xD.

I had an HP at one time... and mine fit into an Antec case with now worries... just make sure the one you get has LOTS of holes for any type of mobo and you'll be good... (you can usually look at the pics and tell the amount of mobo attach points)

You mean the motherboard tray? yeah, I guess I should look at those too xD. My main worry was whether or not i could take out the I/O panel and replace it or not.

I talked to HP again, and they just said that my mobo was OEM (which I already knew) and that they didn't know whether or not I could take out my I/O panel that's on my PC right now (didn't expect them to know, but wasn't for sure). My main question is: are most I/O panels the same length/width? If so, I could try to pry out the I/O panel on my PC, and see if I could replace the I/O panel on one o fthe new cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom