Thin client talk. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to Jayce
Default Thin client talk.

So I'm trying to find hardware that might fit this bill. We are in the process of migrating to thin client boxes in some of our labs due to costs and all of the benefits we can get out of an environment like this.

The best I have found is this:

ASUS Eee Box EB1007 - Atom D410 1.66 GHz - EB1007-B0200 - Desktop Computers -

1.66 ghz Atom, 1gb RAM. Not a bad price. I'm curious if there's any other vendors out there that may fit the bill. I suppose anything under 300 would do the job, but we may be buying a LOT of these, so I don't want to venture into the price range of regular desktop computers, because then we're missing out on a lot of the savings.

Should I just be set on this, or is there at least other vendors out there with comparable gear? This is the first thing I found yet it's the one I keep coming back to...

1gb RAM
Some sort of processor beyond 1ghz
That's it.

I'm curious if we can find something like this with a decent price yet have a dual core? And still use up VERY little electricity... (in comparison to a regular desktop that is)

There's no place like /home.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: Thin client talk.

Here are a couple considerations (the top one being the fastest). - Jetway Mini-Top Atom Dual-Core 525 NVIDIA ION2 with WiFi /Remote Control Mini Barebone - Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11-U Intel Atom D510 NM10 Chipset 1 x 200Pin Next-Gen NVIDIA ION GPU Mini / Booksize Barebone System
Build to be updated, a reminder to myself.
Closed Thread