these should work right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some cases have a stock standard IO Panel that would of been used on motherboards about 3+ years ago. Those IO Panels are removalable.

Oh. I didnt know that the case frames were removable.

Ya, you just have to push it with the back end of the screw driver, and it comes straight off..

I think putting the replacement one is sometimes the hard part

thx hikaricloud for that list. i took a look at that cpu and mobo combo, and it looks like a good deal, but now its starting to stray from my budget unfortunately. i don't need a real big powerhouse, just something relatively fast and i think the cpu i picked out can handle that. i know for sure i will upgrading it but in the future though.

as for the ram, if i really wont see a diff between the 800 or 1066, then i guess ill go for the 800's. in that case however, you provided me a link with these 800 ones before. for 5$ more
would they still be good?

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

hm. i think ill pick up that vista and hdd combo though, it would end up giving me the same os i wanted with a larger hdd for less money. definitly good.

for the dvd drive, i think the one i chose will do good. the one you selected has all types of diff write speeds and what not which i dont think ill ever use it for. as long as it can read a disc im good:)

also for the case, ehh it seems a little dull looking. all black. and it has the psu mount on the bottom which i find awkward..

last thing. i've read the reviews for lots of hardware about the mir's and tbh i personally wouldnt count on them. if its not a substantial amount of money, id honestly prob forget.

thx though.

*wow sry for really long post*

*also sry for replying so late, just got back from school*

The PI Blacks are great, really nice for overclocking.

Well, you're getting a great machine for just over 600 bucks, and there's only one MIR. All MIRs are a pain, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it. ;)

By the way, your drive that you picked out doesn't burn DVDs, and for about 4 bucks more you can have a DVD burner. :p It will be better, trust me.

ok so ill definitly choose the blacks and that dvd drive, and that os/hdd deal too.

and like i mentioned, that cpu/mobo deal is a lil more expensive, but i must admit it is tempting and lingering in my mind though :D

how much better is that mobo though? the only thing i really saw is that it has 1 pcie slot more. ill be using my gpu in the 2.0x 16 slot so what can i really use the pcie for anyway.idk

bundled with that cpu, it seems like an attractive deal...idk:confused:....lol

Worth it and that bundle deal will go away at the end of the month knowing newegg. I picked up the PII 940 with that mobo as a bundle and I am wetting myself waiting for it to arrive:D

:eek: thats the thing though, i know that im gonna get these parts, but my wallet will not be ready for them most probably until after this month ends (10 days?). also i am stilllll thinking... i think my noggin needs a faster cpu to process this great deal relative to the time till the end of the month....divided by 7... ...

how hard is it to setup raid? i would want to setup raid 1 but ive never done it before so i wouldnt know where to start

I wouldn't set up RAID 1 to be honest, it's not a viable backup solution. You would be better off getting a bigger second HDD for a backup.

Besides, you can't set up RAID without a second identical HDD. If you wanted to get one later, we could help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom