are these guys trustworthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy_coyote

Solid State Member
I've seen CyberPower advertised in PCGamer all the time, and when i finally checked it out i found this system:

http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/system/ultrasli.asp?v=d

Are these guys trustworthy? they're so cheap, but they aren't as smooth as alienware, but alienware is so overpriced...

I have a $2000 budget, and I value quality over price, but I'm not going to get a $4000 rig just because it's better than the one i posted. (I also don't have that much cash.) But the thing is, I also need to get PCs for two friends, and they need computers for just under $1000s. This site has computers like that in abundance. But i've heard bad stories about online buying sites, and I want to make sure my friends don't get ripped off.

Thanks,
Dan

Well...I think some people here have them.

I have never seen/heard anything really bad about them.

In my opinion though, building your own is the best.

The answer to a question (will this site build good computers) will always be, build you own cause you and we combined can build a better one.

the thing is, i actually am building my own. I realized the way i said it in my post shows that i just want to buy one, which isn't happening. What IS happening is that my friends, who don't know the first thing about computers, need new ones that are "suitable enough" for gaming, and would never make it alive.

So although there will be a bit of a rip-off involved, i know that's going to be necessary, because that will be the price of not putting it together. But aside from that, i wanted to know if they're the best place to do this kind of thing, or maybe there's somplace better.

again, thanks for the help.

Well I dunno how trustworthy they are but its a good computer system. If they don't supply you with what you ask for then you can complain, sue them, etc. You could not get the second GPU because its not really necessary and it cost $320 extra. SLI isn't as good as it looks. Online sites arn't all bad.

Well i know 2 people who have bought from them, one of them works great but the other has problems but i think it's because of all the power outages in his house that damaged his PSU, not the company itself. If you really must, i'd say go ahead and recommend it to your friend but if i was you, I would build my friends computers too, and charge them a little bit for it :p

My friend bought from them. The PowerSupply went taking the motherboard with it. He got it fixed though and now its running fine. Trustworthy? I'd say so, not every1s power supplies blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom