Thermalright xp-90 cooler

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
has anyone installed one of these to an LGA 1151 board? it does not show it as a supported socket. but it would be a perfect fit into my new Cooler Master haf xb evo chassis. i dont mind custom fitting to some extent. but there are limits. i am not going to destroy something just to make it fit.

really, that surprises me. it looks like it should do a great job. any idea why it performed so poorly? i noticed there is no included fan. were people using it passively?

Some yea. As the name XP suggests, this CPU cooler came out in the Pentium 4 / Athlon XP /Athlon64 days. Although it should fair better than say a stock Intel cooler I wouldn't expect a whole lot. Also if you got it quite a while ago it might not have an 1156 bracket.

actually i just found it online. the sockets it is supposed to support are, 478, 754, 775, 939, and 940. the only one of those i am familiar with is 775. are the rest AMD sockets?

478 and 775 are Intel sockets, 754, 939, and 940 are AMD sockets from the 03 era. Thermalright did supply brackets for newer sockets in their later releases so you'll have to check what you have.

Back
Top Bottom