Thermal paste on laptop cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
My laptop is an Inspiron 8100. I upgraded the cpu from 866 mhz to 1.2 ghz, which gave me a decent speed increase. Since that I've been a little worried about heat issues. Can I apply thermal paste to my laptop's cpu (P3-M)? If so, could you recommend a good one, and explain how I should do it (never applied before).

A good thermal paste is Artic Silver 5.

Website for installation:
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

I never had a laptop before, nor did I screw around with any, so I wouldn't really know for sure if you're suppose to use thermal paste on mobile processors, but I'm guessing you're suppose to being that the compound transfer heat better if you use it.

Thanks for the reply. I'll ask at Dell Community forums about whether this is doable. I've heard a lot of good things about Arctic Silver, I'll probably pick up some for my desktop either way. Thanks again.

no no no go with OCZ ultra 5+ the same exact thing as AS5, its really the same exact thing, but just has OCZ on the front name, AND ITS CHEAPER!

ive always used AS5 and it was good. i personally have never dealt with OCZ or laptop CPUs other than this one time but all that i was doing was getting the thing unscrewed and opened. laptops are tricky machines sometimes. i would have to assume though that there is some kind of compound on there when they build it. best bet would be to ask on the Dell forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom