Is there a market for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb1swat

Daemon Poster
Daskeyboards? I'm using one right now and pretty much love it except the keys are just a tad too tall for my gaming needs. I'm going to want to sell it sometime...but are there people who actually want these boards? I got mine for $20, but I wouldn't spend $130 on one.
Its just weird how people will categorize these in the gaming section when they just aren't.

Is it the original or the professional? I think they have a nerd value the average user just gets lost. They make quite good gaming boards actually as you can add stickers to the keys ;)

Why are these gaming boards? IMO everyone should go buy a razer lycosa or a arctosa....biased...yes lol, but what's "gaming" about these boards?
Far as I know there's no macro. Good response time, but for nearly $80 less the arctosa has better key shapes and 1 millisecond response.
Is it the gold keys? :p

EDIT: its the original. You can actually see the keys.

They allow you to press down more then 4 keys simultaneously and its got good build quality which to me is good enough to be a gaming keyboard I use an Enermax Aurora. I would never use; macros, weight systems and backlit keys.

The human brain takes time to see or hear the stimulus > send it to the brain or spine> processes the info and decides on a decision> muscles engage and move the finger and you contact the key. Its a slow process anyway, I don't believe a keyboard that has 1ms keys is going to make me any better then one with 2ms keys as the brain is the limiation. Its like comparing a person in a manual supercar who is rubbish with there gears to one in a powerful road car with a 2-3L engine who is good with gear control. Theoretically the supercar will win but if the guy wastes all his power by doing something extreme like starting in 3rd gear or changing from 1st to 4th he will lose the race.

you can add stickers to the keys ;)
Like...actual stickers? Gold stars n' such?

Anyway, yeah you're probably right. But aside from the n-key function its about as gaming as one of those old split shaped microsoft boards; minus the urge to repeatedly bash it.

And alot of people use macros. Even I use CS buy scripts. WoW and MMO players will have an even greater use for macros.

I love this board but in theory I hate it.

I thought you were talking about the nameless key ones and yeah you can stick whatever you like over your keys was thinking more; arrows and small pics of a handgun or automatic rifle. Add stars to yours if you want. I learn the CS numbers then just rebuy usually. I personally don't use macros but am a gamer so its upto the gamers choice.

Its the internet can pretend to be anyone and do what ever they like within legal borders. Don't believe or take to heart everything you read I have the view that the razer boards are over priced and pointless personally but know others differ in opinion like yourself. I would rather get my current keyboard or a logitech dinova neither boards are cheap and neither are designed for gaming but it doesn't mean they can't.

penn ultimate for some is this;
KustomPCs.co.uk - Ergodex DX1 Customisable Controller
What could be better then a keyboard that you design but it looks awful so not for me

Zboard is a favourite for gamers for its dedicated keys
KustomPCs.co.uk - ZBoard USB Edition
CS keyset for the Zboard KustomPCs.co.uk - ZBoard Counterstrike Keyset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom