A thanks, with Questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjm80

Solid State Member
I wanted to start by saying thanks to everyone's advice here. I finished my first build today and so far all the new hardware is working great :). I have not run any real tests so i wont celebrate just yet.

I am currently stuck at a strange point... I decided to use an old 19inch crt monitor thats been laying around. It actually was only used for a few years.

its a Gateway EV910... Now the problem is when i updated my 8800gt vid drivers and rebooted, my monitor was stuck at 4bit color and 800x600 res. Did not matter which drivers i used, same result. Not sure why. Could only fix by removing drivers and going back to windows default drivers.

I plugged in someone elses old 17inch crt with the new drivers in, booted it up and it worked fine... then when i plugged in my 19inch monitor, it seemed to work, until i rebooted and it went back to 4bit... had the same problems when i hooked up the monitor to someone elses computer.

Any ideas?

my system:
e4500 cpu
GA-P35-DS3L mobo
2gb G.Skill DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Evga 8800gt 512mb
Western Digital 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA
SAMSUNG SH-S203B/BEBN 20X SATA DVD Burner Black Drive
Corsair 550vx PSU
COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UB Case
Arctic cooling freezer 7

Sound's like the monitor is too old if it's doing the same thing on another computer. LCD's are becoming dirt cheap, and they are nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom