Thank you, everybody. She is up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyD

Baseband Member
Hey,

I'd just like to take a second and thank everybody in this forum who have helped me.

This was my first PC build ever. I ordered all the parts off NewEgg through your guy's suggestions.

Booted her up, she is good to go. Only weird thing is, sometimes I get a BEEPING noise coming from what seems to be the front panel. A friend of mine said his does that too when the case isn't on (Mine isn't, I just wanted to make sure everything is working.)

Now all I need is some wire management, this thing looks like a hurricane went through it.

Sigma LUNA case
e4500
abit ip35-e
corsair 450w ps
2gb ballistix dd2 ram
8800gs video card
250 gb seagate HD
sony dvd writer

Thanks again,
Kenny D

cpu seems to be over-heating

i get a warning beeping when i start windows. temps are 78c

as soon as i boot up windows it goes away....weird?!?

Fanspeed has my CPU at 50c with the fire logo next to it lol.

Double check that you mounted your heatsink/fan properly. Make sure it's on the secure. You may have to reapply thermal paste too. Just clean the old off of the cpu/hsf with coffee filters and alcohol.

that was the problem, hs was barely on!

I have to go out and say thank you peter. he helped me through the entire process. awesome guy

Yeah...quite a pain with my AF7 as well... The stock ones aren't as bad b/c I can actually get to the pins; but 2 of the pins on the AF7 are under the fan bracket >.<... Makes for quite a PITA to mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom