Temp. monitoring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

galic

Baseband Member
Hi, i don't know if this is the right place to post my question, if it is not, please feel free to move me.
OK, I'm trying to check the temps. on my mobo: gigabyte p35-ds3l. CPU: Q6600 intel, and case fans; Xion II. Is there a program to download or is it already in the bios? if it is, how do i get it?
Thanks.:)

I just downloaded Everest because I never heard of it before. Not to hijack the conversation, but when installing it and checking the "Overclock" menu on the left and reading the value for CPU speed, it says

CPU Properties
Core Voltage ......................... 0.956 V

CPU Speed
CPU Clock ............................. 599.47 MHz (original: 1600 MHz)
CPU Multiplier ....................... 6.0x
CPU FSB ............................... 99.91 MHz (original: 100 MHz)
Memory Bus .......................... 133.22 MHz

For a quick blip one time when I was staring at it, it jumped to 1594 point something MHz for the CPU Clock, but it's pretty stationary around 599.46-599.48 MHz. Also, the multiplier goes to 16.0x and the Core voltage goes to 1.484V.

What's going on here, and is this the potential reason why my computer is slowing down?

I just downloaded Everest because I never heard of it before. Not to hijack the conversation, but when installing it and checking the "Overclock" menu on the left and reading the value for CPU speed, it says

CPU Properties
Core Voltage ......................... 0.956 V

CPU Speed
CPU Clock ............................. 599.47 MHz (original: 1600 MHz)
CPU Multiplier ....................... 6.0x
CPU FSB ............................... 99.91 MHz (original: 100 MHz)
Memory Bus .......................... 133.22 MHz

For a quick blip one time when I was staring at it, it jumped to 1594 point something MHz for the CPU Clock, but it's pretty stationary around 599.46-599.48 MHz. Also, the multiplier goes to 16.0x and the Core voltage goes to 1.484V.

What's going on here, and is this the potential reason why my computer is slowing down?

No need to worry its just a power saving mode when your CPU isnt under full stress it clocks itself down to a lower speed so it can save power. When you put stress on it like opening a game or running an intense program then it'll kick back up to the original speed/multi/volts

:) You can turn this feature off in the bios. Create your own thread or search for a thread with info on it if you have more questions regarding changing that setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom