Television PC for Sister?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
My sister just cleaned her room and found over $1000 of uncashed checks from babysitting (i hate her), and she said that she wants a tv w/ tivo. I told her that tivo had a monthly plan and whatnot, and I might be building her a computer w/ a video capture card (she already had a few thousand in the bank). Which capture card would you guys suggest? Were not going for bang-for-the-buck, just going for best quality.

And 4 the rest of the pc were probably looking at 1 or 2 gigs of ram, and either a conroe 6400 or an amd 3800 maybe, prolly a sb audigy (the cheap $20 kind), something like a 7600 or something similar for the vid card, one or two seagate barracuda's (320-gig), and a massive widescreen.

and my friend has a capture card, but he got a cheap one, and when you record shows, they are fuzzy and have a beeping noise in the background. Would any capture card be able to match tivo-like quality (aka u cant tell a difference if its on a normal tv or recorded on your computer)? some first-hand experience would be nice. thnx.

how about an hdtv tuner card? i just got one for my new build, and i'll let you know how well it works once it's put together (tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom