System Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

toniaxp

Baseband Member
Hello all I am going to be upgrading my system soon and need some tips on what to buy. I am familiar with PC hardware but would just like some input as I have been out of the loop for the last year.

MY CURRENT SETUP

AthlonXP 2400
512mb DDR Kingston memory
128mb nVidea Geforce 9200 mx
2 Seagate 80gig 7200rpm ATA hard drives

This is what I would like to upgrade to

Althon 64 dual core or Intel dual core (any suggestions)
1gig DDR/2 memory
256mb PCI-E nvidea or ATI graphics card
2 80gig SATA hard drives (prefere Seagate or WD)
New motherboard

Any configuration suggestions would be much appreciated and most of the stuff I do is web design, graphics design, some gaming also I want to do it for $500 or less.

Well, if you have some extra cash, you could go for Intel's new Core 2 Duo processors and a motherboard to support it. Also, for best price/performance, I'd go for the NVidia 7600GT for a video card. Also some high quality DDR2-800 if the motherboard your buying supports it.

Yea I plan on getting a board that supports DDR2 memory so I know I will have to go with an Intel Core 2 Duo or an AMD2 processor

Go with Core 2 Duo. Very fast CPU, and also get a Gf 6600 Gt they are a pretty good card for the price

To take full advantage of the Cpu get DDR2 800 (Pc6200) and run them in dual channel mode. Your ram at the moment is your bottleneck

Yes I plan on using my hard drives at least for now as one of them i just bought in march and is still fairly new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom