System lagg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David21

Baseband Member
Hello, i am willing to upgrade a part in my computer, i have a budget of 170 dollars.

my system specs are:

ati gigabyte 6850
amd quad core 640 3ghz i have a hyper tx3 cooler
ddr3 8gb 1333 mhz
M5A78L-MLX motherboard
corsair 650 tx v2 power supply.

the only problem that i see with my computer is that when i play games i get slight jolts, an example is when i am running i will run forward and back but it will be very slightly, not huge, this is on single player so no it is not internet lagg, and sometimes i get explosions where my fps drops ALOT, but if another explosion goes again it runs it perfectly fine, my pc also doesnt lagg once i have ran around the full map, also another example is when i run around a corner it laggs for a breif second.

it gets very annoying, but the thing is i dont understand why my computer runs crysis 2 at max graphics with no lagg at all, but when i go and play a game like battle field bad company 2 it briefly laggs, i have tried turning my settings down to low though it still does it.

will upgrading my cpu fix this problem?
from a amd athlon II 640 3ghz to a amd athlon II 975 3.6 ghz.

the thing is i would upgrade my graphics card but i think it is perfectly fine with games, i think it may be another part not performing up to my graphics card standards, also my graphics card is only like 3 weeks old.

if you really think it is my graphics card would upgrading from a ati 6850 to a ati 6950 2gb make much of a differnce ?.

I don't think upgrading from a amd athlon II 640 3ghz to a amd athlon II 975 3.6 ghz will fix your problem.

What hard drive do you have? It might be because the drive is slow accessing the data on the the drive . Thus like you said, once you explored the full map no more problems...since now most of the data is stored on the memory and doesn't need to access the hard drive as much.

I have read countless posts in various forums regarding "stutter" and the 6850. Most often it is called "micro stutter" I believe it has something to do with the ATI card. A lot of members here I'm sure will disagree with me, but I would try an Nvidia card.

my graphics card does not micro stutter, the problem of lagg is only when i first join a map, i run around the map once, and then there is no more lagg, it is like my computer is loading the map, but doesnt this process happen when u load the map up?, so pretty much to fix this problem i need a new hard drive, if so this would be fine.

would this hard drive be okay ? http://www.computeralliance.com.au/parts.aspx?qryPart=10813
or maybe if i dont have that much to spend, would this hard drive also be okay.

http://www.computeralliance.com.au/parts.aspx?qryPart=12419

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom