System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
BUDGET SYSTEM!!! RATE RATE RATE.

I'm helping leeroy.j on these forums build a system for as little as possible. Just wanted to check with you guys about what you think about the parts chosen.

Motherboard: DFI LanParty UT nF4-D Socket 939 nForce4 - $122.
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ - $146.
Memory: Corsair ValueSelect 1GB (512 x 2) - $90.
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 80GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA/100 - $58.
Video Card: eVGA GeForce 6600GT - $164.
CD/DVD Drive: This one, its too much to type out. - $40.
Case: This one, 450 W PSU. - $32.

He doesn't need a new monitor, keyboard and mouse, or speakers. Theres a integrated sound card on the mobo, so not that either.

$678.49 with shipping.

the eVGA 6600GT is only 130 dollars at www.monarchcomputer.com after mail in rebate and FREE SHIPPING! crap psu get a cheap 36 dollar thermaltake/right? 420W silentpure power supply. the corsair valueselect is only 89 dollars on newegg

and where are you getting a DFI nF4 ultra-D for only 122? the cheapest i seen is 132 dollars

are you sure you want to stick with ata100

EDIT: for like 3 dollars more you can get sata150 and for like 7 dollars more you can get a seagate barracuda 80GB hdd sata150 for 64 dollars

Motherboard: DFI LanParty UT nF4-D Socket 939 nForce4 - $122.

This is a nice, rock solid stable motherboard with great overclocking potential. Very nice selection and price.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ - $146.

I do hope this is the Venice core A64 939 which allows more potential for overclocking so it can be combined with the DFI to make one deadly combo.
Memory: Corsair ValueSelect 1GB (512 x 2) - $90.

Corsair and DFI nF4 are not recommended in my opinion. Some people have problems getting these 2 to work together. I recommend the OCZ Value VX line as OCZ works perfect with DFI.

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 80GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA/100 - $58.

I recommend you get the 160 GB Seagate for $80-90 some as it's probably the best bang for the buck. That is unless you don't download alot of stuff. The 5 year warranty is great.

Video Card: eVGA GeForce 6600GT - $164.
eVGA or Leadtek are the best choices for a 6600/6800 GT. This is a very powerful mid end card and will last around 2-3 years.

CD/DVD Drive: This one, its too much to type out. - $40.

Samsung's drives are quiet and last a long time. This is a good choice.

Case: This one, 450 W PSU. - $32.

I disagree with getting this case. This is another one of those look good on the outside, pure dog shit on the inside cases. Companies I suggest are Cooler Master and Lian Li. If you're looking for a good budget case I recommend the Antec SLK3000B or Antec Sonata. Very strong cases with just as strong PSU's.

BOYAKASHA said:
Corsair and DFI nF4 are not recommended in my opinion. Some people have problems getting these 2 to work together. I recommend the OCZ Value VX line as OCZ works perfect with DFI.

Rofl? I would like to see where you saw that please...

hes trying to build a cheap im guessing gaming rig. so we are trying to keep everythign low budget here

Ok here you are again after getting banned, which I would like to say, I TOLD YOU SO. Reporting, and I HAD it, I sold it on Ebay...

i give you an 8/10 for that system only because its using ata100 harddrive. and the psu just sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom